Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kitchen overhaul Part 3

We still haven't been able to decide on a paint color, but we have made the decision to bring some color into our kitchen by hanging some artwork. We chose red, yellow, green and brown as our accent colors because they pop nicely and contrast our white walls.




We purchased this Ribba frame at Ikea, where we also found these Kort postcards. I thought they would look nice in the kitchen and I like the colors.




I found these pictures on sale in a small local store and I immediately fell in love with them.

Then I decided to inject some color into our bookcase turned buffet.



Now the open shelves of the buffet hold a colorful variety of stuff. My cookbooks and collected recipes, fresh fruit and my food scale, often-used cooking utensils, part of my tea collection, sugar, salt and flour, our watering can, cat kibble, candy for our neighbor's kids and some decorative stuff. Among the decor, there is a DIY aroma dispenser, which can me made in about two minutes (tutorial found here).

There will be more changes as soon as we find the time to work on them, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those are great finds. Framing postcards is such a great idea.

    Kristina
    Sweetfern Handmade

    ReplyDelete